Farmhouse kitchen makeover


For those of you who may be new here,  
We rent this home. 
 My childhood farmhouse.
 Story of how we came to live here, 
can be found here  http://fancyfarmgirls.blogspot.com/2014/09/our-farmhouse.html 

Hopefully this post can shed a little inspiration on making a big difference with a little bit of money. 
Granted,  my landlord gives me free reign of the place (he's my dad)
Good thing I'm his favorite daughter :)
 But...We do have to factor in keeping any changes low cost,
 based on the fact that they wont be coming with us. 
So this is for you! 
You renters ,
 Homeowners on a budget, 
DIYers,
 or those who just want to freshen up your space.

Paint is your friend!
Hands down, paint will give you the biggest bang for your buck!




 Our home started out with everything original to its 1970's origins.
Here's the befores with all it's knotty pine ceiling and dark trim.



The first couple of years here, 
I painted everything I could get my hands on,
except this brick chimney.  


It's the one thing my dad wanted kept original
 and I was a little hesitant knowing it was irreversible.  
After several years, dad softened up and I was tired of living with the 
"should I" scenario

Finally EVERYTHING got painted!  
I love how it brightens up the whole space!

Check out that Before and After!

It involved
1. Paint
                                                                           2. switching out the light fixture (which I'll be                                                                  able to take with me!) and
                                 3.  $300 for a laminate floor

That's it!












BEFORE


AFTER!

Although it's not my dream home, the outside needs a WHOLE lotta TLC!,
(If you need more convincing, you can catch  a glimpse of the outside)
 Here ;)

This kitchen is quickly becoming my favorite room in the house.  
It helps keep me in denial and look away from the leaking roof, peeling and cracked plaster walls and 
unkempt yard. :)

So for now, we'll claim our victory with paint!

 Wall color: SW Silver Mist 7621
                              White: SW Pure White 7005
    Chairs: Ikea
                    light: Ballard Designs


Need more encouragement and convincing to embrace the home you're in?
Grab "The Nesters Book" for your next summer read.

book

You can find her
 Here
She'll have you conquering your "dream home" demons in no time!
Her decorating motto...
"It doesn't have to be perfect to be Beautiful!"  Work with what you have!
 She's a former repeat renter who quit waiting for her dream home long ago.
 If you haven't discovered her yet,  GO!....And you're welcome ;)